After struggling to come up with a strong story for my short film and only being able to come up with small snippets and motifs that I couldn’t bring together, I decided to switch my focus from the short film package to the music promotion package for my A2 coursework.
Still, here are some of the notes I took for my short film:
- people in an elevator or another small, confined space
- inspired by Vice article
- maybe waiting room instead of elevator?
- easier to film, more control, the space may have more personality
- someone in the waiting room makes the main character a proposal
- inspired by Fargo (TV), Lorne Malvo asking Lester whether to kill Sam Hess
- people telling life stories, describing simple everyday events
- what stories? what theme?
- inspired by My Dinner with André
- reversed Todorov narrative (scenes in reverse chronological order)
- new equilibrium, disruption and repair, initial equilibrium
- inspired by Irréversible
- find dialogue in a book?
- In retrospect, reading an old text message, she realised something was definitely wrong.
- opening scene (end of narrative) inspired by this
- an apparently harmless dialogue leads to the disruption
- character walks past people doing the same thing over and over again
- inspired by my family playing bridge at the dining table
I just started doing research for my music video last week, so posts about that will be published soon.